SAT Verbal Grammar Rules Must Know – SAT English Rules – Dubai Abu Dhabi Sharjah UAE.
- The diner near the dorms which (houses/house) the students (serves/serve) breakfast all day.
- The widely recognized red coloring of stop signs everywhere (alerts/alert) people who can’t even read them to stop.
- Each team made up of one girl and one boy (has/have) to reenact a scene from Romeo and Juliet.
- Her jewelry, in addition to her pokemon cards, (was/were) stolen by the robber.
- Neither the employees nor the owner (cares/care) about the customer.
- Beside the bins, where one could smell the stench of rotten eggs, (was/were) a pack of philosophy majors gathering cans for recycling.
- Whenever Jason and Alexander sit down at a buffet, he eats way more food.
- Even if a student gets in early, they still have to maintain good grades during senior year.
- At the police station, they found a pile of cash stashed in her bra.
- She always takes an hour in the bathroom, and this completely ticks me off!
- Although it is small and furry, koalas are able to protect themselves from predators by quickly climbing trees.
- I respect his eloquence and that he is brave.
- In chess, remember these three goals: get your pieces to the center, capture the opposing pieces, and attacking the opposing king.
- To learn what it means to love someone is accepting the flaws of others.
- The magician dazzled and surprised the audience members wearing a cloak and top hat.
- Decorated with colorful ornaments and stars, we took pictures by the Christmas tree.
- After missing an easy goal, the crowd booed the soccer player.
- Although the cheetah holds the record for fastest land animal, many other mammals outlasted it.
- Whenever we stopped by the market, my mom always tries to negotiate the prices.
- Every Sunday, Jane cleans the house and does the laundry at the same time her dad could have mowed the lawn.
- The Olympic athlete was capable in climbing Mt. Everest.
- The public was opposed against the war.
- The children were prohibited against playing outside at dark.
- Unless you comply to those food safety standards, we will shut you down.
- The reason why red pandas have ringed tails is because they are relatives of both the giant panda and the raccoon.
- After hearing the spy’s information, the general knew that an attack was imminent in the future.
- It’s only on the night before the test that I wish my notes had been more clearer.
- The legal documents were reviewed in a way that was deemed thorough.
- We should evacuate the building immediately in the hypothetical event that a fire occurs.
- The startup didn’t become financially beneficial until it reached a critical mass of customers using the app on a daily basis.
- A recently passed law requires that public transportation meet new safety standards, forcing state governments to foot the bill for the construction of new railroads.
- Be careful when driving under averse weather conditions.
- It’s easy to fool your brain with a few cleverly drawn diagrams called optical allusions.
- Please be discrete with what I tell you because you don’t want these dark secrets to ever come out.
- Because she’s been so busy I haven’t seen her in a month.
- His hobbies included jumping off planes, crashing helicopters and eating jellyfish.
- Great white sharks the most fearsome creatures of the sea are actually less dangerous than they appear.
- Stephen King’s first novel Carrie was a surprise success.
- Crowds stood in line to see author, J.K. Rowling, at the bookstore in London.
- Lions are carnivorous or meat-eating mammals.
- Penguins unlike most other birds cannot fly.
- Most bats are blind. Their sense of hearing however is amazing.
1). Although women in cities from New York to Boston demanded equality in academic opportunities, most East Coast universities did not yield to such demands. In fact, coeducational balance did not become a prominent issue for East Coast admissions officers until the 1960s.
A) NO CHANGE
B) In addition,
C) For example,
D) Be that as it may,
2). As it turned out, Senator Aldrich did not plan his Jekyll Island trip for relaxation purposes. Therefore, he confidentially planned the weeklong affair to confer with Wall Street executives for a specific purpose—to draft a banking reform bill that would create a centralized American banking system.
A) NO CHANGE
3). Some conservatives claim that America was founded as a Christian nation by devout men who sought to establish a system of law and governance based on the Bible. More secular voices, in summary, have argued that the “Christian nation” concept is a misnomer.
A) NO CHANGE
C) for instance,
D) on the other hand,
Q1). Since Joan took office as governor, some public issues have been solved in very clever ways. Others have been completely ignored.
A) ways, whereas others
B) ways, since others
C) ways, provided that others
D) ways, considering that others
Q2). Jojoba oil is made from the seeds of jojoba plants. These plants are sometimes mistaken for boxwood shrubs.
A) plants; these
B) plants, for they
C) plants, which
D) plants as they
Q3). Located near the abundant coasts of Maine, the town of Portland is a famous fishing port. That is wherelobstermen set their traps in the early morning.
A) port, which is where
B) port, the location where
C) port, a place at which
D) port where
Q4). The online retailer Amazon completely has changed how many consumers purchase goods. They managed to make the whole online buying and selling experience trustworthy and easy.
A) goods; they made
B) goods by making
C) goods to make
D) goods, and this made